Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Using backend as a service, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- Using hosted data storage has become…more and more an available option in recent years.…There are many companies that provide it,…Parse, Firebase, Amazon,…Microsoft Azure, Apple's own CloudKit,…many others.…One of the benefits of the competition…is we can get started…and support simple usage scenarios…for very little expense…and often for free.…Is there a risk involved?…Well, sure, quite a few.…The company providing the service…might go out of business,…or get acquired,…or change their pricing model,…or change the way the service works,…or have their infrastructure hacked…and all the data exposed,…or just prove not reliable or fast enough.…
But there are also huge benefits.…First, we can get up and running very quickly,…they all provide APIs with helper functionality,…we can get started with just a few lines of code,…and we get to focus on our app,…being creative in our application…while somebody else focuses…on the very different infrastructure issues…of providing a data backend.…These services have 24/7 support,…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.