Learn how to control program flow using if and if-else if conditional statements. Additionally, check availability of API based on platforms and versions.
- [Instructor] An if statement…allows you to define a conditional expression that…if it evaluates the true, will execute the body…of the if statement.…I'll once again use Foundation's…arc4random_uniform function…to generate a random test score from 50 to 100.…And then I'll create an if statement to check if…testScore is greater than or equal to 70,…and if so, print, you passed!…An else clause can optionally be added to an if statement…and control be transferred to it,…if the if statement resolves to false.…I'll duplicate this example.…
And add an else clause on to it.…An if statement can have only one else clause.…You can nest if statements and also each if statement…can optionally have one or more else if clauses.…In this example, the outer if statement…checks if test score is greater than or equal to 70.…
And if so, it incrementally checks if test score…is less than a letter grade cutoff from C to A.…Printing the associated grade,…else it prints A plus.…That's a lot of boiler plate code, though, isn't it?…I'll show you a more succinct way of doing this…
Learn how to write code, understand Swift's key concepts and best practices, and strengthen your programming problem-solving skills. Instructor Scott Gardner teaches the fundamentals, so you'll be prepared to develop applications for iOS, macOS, and other platforms. Completing this course will enable you to not only write first-class code, but to think like a Swift developer.
- Creating playgrounds
- Defining variables and constants
- Working with characters and strings
- Working with collections and groups
- Using operators and defining custom operators
- Controlling program flow
- Defining functions and closures
- Working with classes, structures, and enumerations
- Adopting protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Variables and Constants
3. Characters and Strings
4. Collections and Tuples
6. Control Flow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.