Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating the iPhone UI, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- When we issue the query into CloudKit,…we are hoping for an array of results.…And if we check that its count is more than zero,…we're gonna deal with those.…I'm gonna create a method to deal with…that array coming back from CloudKit.…It will be typed as an array of any object.…That's fine, we can make things more specific as we go.…Now even though we did all that pre-calculation…of mean and median for each day before…we stored the days into CloudKit, we need…to remember that we might be asking not just…for a single day, but we might be asking for a week…of data or a month of data.…
So we could be getting back up to 31 results,…each containing six values.…And we need to average them all down…to a single number to show on the IOS screen.…So what I'm going to do is define a few arrays…to hold those values.…And once we get a response back from CloudKit,…I'm gonna go through a simple loop, just going through…however many results we got back, and add…those measurements to the new arrays.…It might just be one result, but it could be seven,…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.