Developing for iOS 10 requires a knowledge of the app landscape. This video shows some differences to keep in mind as you develop for iOS 10.
- [Narrator] When you're getting into the iOS world,…there are some specific quirks that iOS…has that you should be aware of.…In terms of the platform, there is one app store.…There is little device fragmentation but there's also…stricter guidelines for releasing applications.…Although there are multiple app stores to sell…jail broken apps, the only place to sell…legitimate apps in Apple's app store.…In there it's possible to get featured…by Apple which is a good thing.…
On the downside, it's easy to get lost in the mix.…Less device fragmentation than for example…Android means less resolutions you have to worry about.…In fact, the SDK tools actually automatically…adapt to each screen size so only the UI elements…that you develop by yourself have to be hand coded to adapt.…Apple's stricter guidelines means that your…apps are going to be governed by their…rules which are constantly changing.…
Your app could get rejected or removed at anytime.…In fact, when I submitted plain old notes to the app…store, that app got rejected.…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.