Join Ron Buencamino for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the payment queue, part of Implementing In-App Purchases in iOS 10 with Swift 3.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] When we go to process transactions…with the default payment queue,…there's a couple of things that we need to keep in mind.…This is the part of the process where now StoreKit…is going to be interacting with the app store,…and it's going to be doing things like verifying…that the account can make purchases,…that the product is able to be delivered,…we can ensure and meet the quantity that's being requested.…So there's a lot going on with StoreKit…and the app store right now, and we want to keep in mind…that we want to let StoreKit handle…as much of this part as possible.…
So in other words, do not try…to replicate certain functionality.…StoreKit's going to take care of a lot of that.…And that includes handling billing errors.…Because all of the payment information is already stored…with the app store, StoreKit will take care of the process…if there is an invalid credit card or if the card expired…or anything along those lines,…so there's no need for you to try to recreate that.…Also, we have to remember that StoreKit is the book of truth…
First, learn what you can legitimately offer for sale in the App Store. Apple's guidelines restrict the sale of certain products, including real-world goods. Next, learn how to configure new products for sale with iTunes Connect and retrieve the product information in your app. Ron then shows how to request and process payments, and deliver the user's purchases to their iOS device. Plus, learn about selling subscriptions and restoring purchased content—a smart strategy for keeping your app rating high.
- What you can and can't sell in the App Store
- Looking at StoreKit
- Creating products in iTunes Connect
- Presenting products in your storefront
- Requesting payments in your app
- Processing transactions
- Delivering products
- Persisting purchases and auto-renewed subscriptions
- Restoring purchased content