Boost your Swift skills by adding higher-order functions to your coding toolkit. Explore the concepts behind higher-order functions like map and filter so you know when to apply each one.
- [Bear] Do you want a black belt in Swift? Well, higher-order functions are your kung fu and I am your sensei. We're going to look at what makes Swift unique and powerful. Higher-order functions, gone are the dark days of Objective-C. If you've been confused by map, filter, CompactMap, and reduce, whoa, that's a tricky one there, right? No more. We'll chop the boards and bricks and become the ninjas of Swift. We'll see closures in a new light and pass them around like old library books.
I'm Bear Cahill, Head Binary Sequencer at Brainwash Inc. And I can't wait to give you your black belt in higher-order functions.
- What are closures?
- Closures and function types
- Basic higher-order functions, including sort and forEach
- Powerful higher-order functions, including map and reduce
- Passing functions
- Closure optimizations
- Higher-order functions on sets, dictionaries, and strings