Scale modes control how your content looks when the device running the game is a different size than you target at development time. See how scale modes work in this tutorial.
- [Instructor] In the iOS world,…there are many different devices,…screen sizes, and aspect ratios.…In order to be able to develop for all of them effectively,…you need to understand how sizes work…and how scaling works in SpriteKit.…So, here on my screen,…I have this scene that I'm designing,…and I'm designing it for the iPhone 4S size.…Now, granted, this is probably not the most popular size…to design for,…but it does drive home…the point I'm trying to make in this movie, so bear with me.…
So I'm designing for an iPhone 4S in portrait,…and I have these red squares at each corner.…Outside of the app, which you can see…because of this white bounding box rectangle,…in other words, everything inside of that…is going to appear on the screen in an iPhone 4S,…outside of that, I have these green rectangles.…Now, the reason why I have this ridiculous design…is so that you can see how the device scales the screen…depending on which device and which aspect ratio…and which scale settings you have.…
So, again, my size is 4S,…
- Creating a SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Creating sprites in code
- Transitioning between scenes
- Working with children and parents
- Adding physics
- Detecting and responding to collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions
- Working with sound
- Adding cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.