The Xcode interface can be overwhelming. This video seeks to demystify Xcode's interface by showing how it's organized.
- [Instructor] The Xcode interface can be extremely…overwhelming, there's text and buttons and settings…everywhere so let's go through how this interface…is actually organized.…At the top of the screen you have the toolbar with what look…like a play and a stop button, the play button is called…the Run button and is used to run your application…in a simulator or actually on a device if you have a device…connected.…The Stop button stops the app from running.…
The next buttons enable you to control the active scheme.…Right here it says iPhone 7 Plus and has the simulator…icon next to it.…For this course, we're actually going to be testing…exclusively on iPhone 7 so I'm going to change that right…now by single clicking on it, changing it to iPhone 7.…And we have some description of the last time the app run,…for right now we're not going to worry about that.…And then we have options for changing the editor here…on the right side.…Normally what we're going to use is what's called…the Standard editor, you can tell that it's selected…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding methods
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface (UI)
- Building a complete iOS app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up Your Coding Environment
Create an Xcode project4m 19s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Methods
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
5. Plan and Prepare the App
6. Build a Full Application
Next steps3m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.