Join Scott Gardner for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand binary notation, part of Swift 3 Essential Training: Beyond the Basics.
- [Instructor] I'm going to go over…using bitwise operators in the next video.…Bitwise operators work with binary numbers…so a quick overview of binary notation beforehand…may be helpful.…The binary numeric system uses a sequence of zeros and ones…or bits to represent a number.…In a binary number, each column…represents the base of two to a power.…So the number one is represented by a binary one…in the two to the zero column.…Two to the zero equals one.…And ten is represented by the binary one zero one zero.…
Two to the third is eight and two to the first is two.…Add them up and you get ten.…The columns to the left of a binary number…do not need to be written.…That is, zero zero zero zero one zero one zero…is the same thing as one zero one zero.…
- Adding source files, resources, links, and literals
- Adding pages to a playground
- Using overflow operators and bitwise operators
- Using ranges with strings
- Creating complex sequences
- Chaining higher-order functions
- Defining lazy properties
- Using failable initializers
- Mutating methods
- Working with singletons
- Nesting function types
- Creating error types and recursive enumerations
- Extending concrete types
- Referencing selectors and key paths
- Working with protocol-oriented programming
- Defining class-only protocols and optional protocols
- Using option sets, type checking, and casting operators
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
Distributing Your iOS App for Testing with TestFlightwith Ron Buencamino35m 10s Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
3. Strings and Characters
4. Sequences and Collections
5. Control Flow
6. Value and Reference Types
9. Access Control
Understand access control3m 47s
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.