Most apps have more than one screen, or scene. This tutorial shows how to use Xcode 8 to create a transition between multiple screens in an iOS 10 app.
- [Instructor] Our next step is to create…a second view controller that we'll transition to…when a row is selected in the table view.…To get some more space, I'll hide the document outline,…hide the debug area, and scroll…all the way to the right.…What I want to do is drop out a new view controller…by clicking and dragging one from the object library.…That's that circle with a square inside…at the bottom of the utility area.…Find a view controller in there,…it should be the first one all the way at the top,…click and drag it right in.…
Now I want to loosely align this…with the top of the other view controller…so it's a little bit easier to see what's going on.…Now, of course, it doesn't matter if I have it here…or up super high, or low, it doesn't matter.…But, it's easier to see, I believe,…when it's right next to it.…The first thing I'm going to do…is create a transition from one view controller…to the other.…When we select a row in the table view,…we want to send this new view controller in.…
Now, to do that, I'm going to select…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.