In Xcode 7, you can easily transition between multiple view controllers using no code whatsoever. In this movie, see how to create multiple view controllers and define segways between them. You will also see how to make buttons trigger screen changes and the different options available to developers for controlling the animations that happen in these transitions.
- [Voiceover] So, here I have a single view application.…So let's say I wanna transition between one view…and another view.…I'm going to start by using a label and a button.…So, this label will just say Page one…and I'll move it into place…and then, I'm going to add a button.…And I'll change the button to Next…and then I'm going to create another…view controller.…So, I'm going to just push the X right here…in the filter area…and then I should see View Controller right there…and I'm going to drag and drop it to the right…of my other view controller…and now, I'll have to scroll around to see both of them…and I'm just going to move it…directly to the right of the other view controller.…
So, I have page one and then here,…I'll wanna have page two.…So what I'm going to do is just…copy where it says page one.…We'll select it and then command, C.…Head over to the other view controller…and paste it in there, command V.…Change page one to page two…and I'm going to select the button,…copy it, move to the other view controller,…
Interested in developing for Apple Watch or Apple TV? Get a sneak peek in Chapter 9. The course wraps up with a look at the submission process for the App Store.
- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating a simple iOS app
- Creating a basic interaction with a button
- Choosing an object as a first responder
- Creating a user interface with Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Working with sliders and progress bars
- Creating views to show images and web pages
- Developing responsive layouts with size classes
- Understanding the iOS architecture
- Loading data in table views
- Transitioning between views
- Developing for the iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
- Submitting apps to the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
Building a Note-Taking App for iOS 9 with Swiftwith Todd Perkins1h 20m Intermediate
1. Prepare to Develop an iOS App
2. Core Skills
3. Basic iOS UI
4. More UI Objects
5. Size Classes
6. iOS Application Architecture
7. Table Views
8. Multiple-View Applications
9. iPad, Watch, and Apple TV Development
10. Finish and Submit to the App Store
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.