Toolbars are the top areas of some apps that have groups of buttons, text fields, and other UI objects. This video shows how to create and customize toolbars in macOS.
- [Instructor] Some applications like Xcode,…have a toolbar at the top of the screen.…This toolbar contains buttons, text fields,…and other user interface objects.…You can create a toolbar in your own applications,…by simply dragging a toolbar out…from the object library.…I'll select my window here,…and filter for toolbar in the object library,…and then just drag one onto my window.…And there's the toolbar.…If you run the application, you'll see that a lot…of the toolbar is already set up.…For example, if I click the Colors button,…I get a color-picker.…
If I click the Fonts button,…I get a font-picker.…Let's look at customizing the toolbar how we like.…I'll stop the application and return to Xcode.…If you Single-click on your Toolbar in Xcode,…you're going to see an interface…for customizing the toolbar,…much like what you see in Safari.…If you want to remove items from the toolbar,…simply click and drag them out of that rectangle…toward the bottom.…Let's look at adding a button.…I'm going to search for a button in the object library.…
- Installing your development tools
- Working with Xcode and the MVC pattern
- Creating basic interactions
- Creating delegate classes
- Building a user interface
- Laying out the UI
- Working with data and table views
- Binding data objects to the UI
- Debugging your app
- Distributing the app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Core Cocoa Skills
4. Create User Interfaces
5. Arrange User Interfaces
6. Use Data Controls
7. Debug and Troubleshoot
8. Distribute an Application
9. Finishing Touches
Create full screen apps1m 51s
Next steps1m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.