Join Mike Wong for an in-depth discussion in this video Text-based Swift resources, part of iOS App Development: Essential Courses.
- For some people, video-based instruction…is all they need.…But even those of us who live and breathe…digital content can gain important insight…from text-based education tools.…There are some free resources that I recommend…using after you watch the foundation courses…that I share in my playlist.…The Apple Developer Library is the most comprehensive…text-based way to learn how to code in Swift.…But I don't know any first-time developers…who use this exclusively to learn how to build iOS apps.…I found the documentation helpful…after I watched a few foundational courses…and learned the terminology.…
This helped me search for answers in documentation.…The next resource that I found helpful…was NSCookbook.com.…This site has been providing tips and tricks…for multiple versions of X code and versions of iOS.…I found this helpful because there are recipes…to implement very specific things.…For example, if you want to know how to implement…a fixed-width, dynamic-height, scroll view in…auto layout, this is the site to learn how to do it.…
With over 15 years of experience in the software industry, Mike Wong reviews the tools, language choices, and high-level concepts behind iOS app development. Dive in and learn about storage requirements, interface design, and the tricks to promoting iOS apps in a crowded marketplace. In each video, Mike will point you to training videos, articles, and forums for learning more.
When you're done with this overview, make sure to subscribe to our curated playlist, Develop Apps for iPads and iPhones, which includes a selection of our most relevant iOS app development training.
- Acquiring the right tools for iOS app development
- Coding in Swift and Objective-C
- Working with Xcode
- Understanding app storage and project management
- Designing your app
- Promoting and marketing iOS apps