TestFlight beta testing enables you to setup users to test your apps before they're released. Using this feature, you can have thousands of testers using your applications before they launch to help you find and fix bugs. In this movie, see how to setup iTunes Connect to allow TestFlight beta testing, and how to add internal and external testers to your applications.
- [Voiceover] So let's say your app is just about complete,…and you want to have some beta testers, test your app out.…You can do that with TestFlight beta testing,…built into iTunes Connect.…Now before you can do that, you need to add some users,…so I'm gonna go to the Users and Roles section here.…Now, there are two different types…of TestFlight beta testers.…There are the internal testers, the people…that are on your team, then there's external testers,…maybe you are running a business and you want…to bring in new customers, and you want your customers…to beta test your app before you launch it.…
Those would be external testers,…so if you wanna add an internal tester,…you actually need to add an iTunes Connect user,…so you'd click the plus button here, and then go through…the process by adding their name, and email address,…so I'm going to give an example here.…Todd Fake, and I'll make up a fake email address,…and then here we can add Admin, Developer,…and certain other users, so you can check…by looking at the check box and scrolling down…
Interested in developing for Apple Watch or Apple TV? Get a sneak peek in Chapter 9. The course wraps up with a look at the submission process for the App Store.
- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating a simple iOS app
- Creating a basic interaction with a button
- Choosing an object as a first responder
- Creating a user interface with Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Working with sliders and progress bars
- Creating views to show images and web pages
- Developing responsive layouts with size classes
- Understanding the iOS architecture
- Loading data in table views
- Transitioning between views
- Developing for the iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
- Submitting apps to the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Prepare to Develop an iOS App
2. Core Skills
3. Basic iOS UI
4. More UI Objects
5. Size Classes
6. iOS Application Architecture
7. Table Views
8. Multiple-View Applications
9. iPad, Watch, and Apple TV Development
10. Finish and Submit to the App Store
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.