Table views in iOS are lists that contain data. Table Views are all over the iOS user interface- built into the Settings app, the Contacts app, the Podcasts app, and just about every other app built by Apple. In this movie, see how to create Table Views using the iOS SDK in Xcode 7. This movie also explains some of the basic settings you can adjust for a table view.
- [Voiceover] Table views are all over iOS.…If you've used the Settings app,…then you've seen a table view.…The table view just lists objects.…Sometimes the objects are grouped,…right here, General and Privacy are grouped together.…These sections are grouped together.…Sometimes items in a table view have an icon,…so we have all these icons on the left,…and sometimes items in a table view,…when tapped, take you to other table views,…with other groups and lists of items,…and you can tap on those items…and see more groups and lists of items, as well.…
You'll also see a table view in the Health app.…These have a different style of icons,…and they're all in one group.…And if I go to Fitness, for example,…then I have a group of items…that doesn't have any icons at all.…And then I can click on Flights Climbed, for example,…and in here we have Show on Dashboard,…which has a switch in the table view item.…And then we have a Unit that has a label inside of there.…So, the way that table views work,…is that you have this table,…
Interested in developing for Apple Watch or Apple TV? Get a sneak peek in Chapter 9. The course wraps up with a look at the submission process for the App Store.
- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating a simple iOS app
- Creating a basic interaction with a button
- Choosing an object as a first responder
- Creating a user interface with Interface Builder and Auto Layout
- Working with sliders and progress bars
- Creating views to show images and web pages
- Developing responsive layouts with size classes
- Understanding the iOS architecture
- Loading data in table views
- Transitioning between views
- Developing for the iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
- Submitting apps to the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Prepare to Develop an iOS App
2. Core Skills
3. Basic iOS UI
4. More UI Objects
5. Size Classes
6. iOS Application Architecture
7. Table Views
8. Multiple-View Applications
9. iPad, Watch, and Apple TV Development
10. Finish and Submit to the App Store
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.