- [Instructor] If there's anything that's true of Apple,…things never stay the same.…And iPad Playgrounds is no exception.…Not only did the interface change in version 2.1,…you may encounter some bugs in the app…and I wanted to give you a workaround for it.…Let's look at the bug.…I've got the 2.1 version of Playgrounds up and running here.…There's a few changes to the app you can see immediately.…At the bottom is the What's Next section…where you can see some suggested templates for you to use.…You'll find one here that's a Blank or you can go to See All…and find Blank in the Starting Points.…
And I'm gonna hit Get here.…And that gets me a blank playground.…Go into that playground.…And we're gonna start by adding the two imports…that you'll need for your view controller.…Hence the first one is im, import ui.…UIKit.…And then I'm going to import…pl for PlaygroundSupport.…And then under that, I'm gonna put a class.…And my class will be called ViewController…colon, and then I'm going to sub-class UIViewController.…
- Comparing iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Creating and testing Swift classes and code in iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Prototyping code
- Debugging and testing with Quick Look live views
- Using markup to interactively document code and create educational lessons
- Compiling code into playground books
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Notificationswith Steven Lipton1h 10m Intermediate
1. Introducing Playgrounds
2. Xcode Playgrounds
3. iPad Playgrounds
4. Markup and Playgrounds
5. Playground Books
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.