- Reviewing the basics of classes
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) programming pattern
- Using segues and contexts to move information to a destination view controller
- Making and implementing a delegate
- Using a data source
- Delegates and data sources in Apple methods
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Steven] I think the most frustrating thing for me to learn in iOS was the concept of delegates. For the longest time they just didn't make sense to me. You may be one of those people who is frustrated. How to get data from one storyboard scene or view controller to another using delegates? In this course I'm going to give you the foundation you need to understand delegates, the theory of how they work, and some hands-on examples in an Xcode project and Playground of building a delegate to send data between two view controllers.
I'll cover the differences in delegates for coding UI and for storyboards. I'll look at the differences between iOS and watchOS. I'll also cover delegates relative the data source. I'll finish up with an example of APIs that use data sources. Let's get started on the fun.