The SpriteKit Scene Editor is the layout area for SpriteKit games. This tutorial shows how the SpriteKit Scene Editor is laid out, and explains each part of the interface.
- [Instructor] Now let's head over to our GameScene sks file…and take a look at how the SpriteKit Scene Editor…is laid out.…I'm going to start by hiding the debug area…because that's just a distraction…in what we're trying to do.…And I want to talk about this document outline…on the left side of the screen.…Now this area actually shows you all of the assets…that are inside of this Scene file…and enables you to place objects in front of…or behind each other by just clicking and dragging.…
We'll look at how that works in detail later on.…For now, I'm going to hide the document outline…by clicking the button down here at the bottom left corner…of the Scene Editor.…In the center of the Scene Editor, we have this main area.…This is where we lay out our game.…You can pan around it by clicking and dragging…anywhere on the screen that's not on an existing object.…So if I click on this label and drag,…then I move the label around,…but if I click on this black area and drag,…then I'm panning around and not moving anything.…
- Creating a SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Creating sprites in code
- Transitioning between scenes
- Working with children and parents
- Adding physics
- Detecting and responding to collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions
- Working with sound
- Adding cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.