Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution Overview, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- Our problem begins with the files for our static website.…I put them here on my desktop,…though they could be anywhere.…This folder includes CSS files, it's got image resources,…and the one HTML page that we're interested in.…This graphic design page about the Royal Academy.…However, this is missing a list of curriculum…that should be showing up in this lower section,…and that information is currently stored elsewhere.…It's in a couple of comma-separated values here…in the _Assets folder.…Let's imagine that these CSV files are regularly exported…from some other computer application,…like a curriculum database.…
So we need to merge the two.…To take the data in these CSV files, format it,…and insert it as HTML in the right place in that HTML page.…My solution I've written as another Macintosh app…for two reason.…First, this isn't really the kind of thing you do on iOS.…And second, while I could've done it…as a command-line project,…having a user interface will let us see our results here…as we work through them.…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.