Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution Overview, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- Here's my solution.…I've made a Mac desktop app…because if we're actually talking about moving…files and folders around,…iOS loses a little relevance.…I could've done this as a command line tool,…but a simple user interface is helpful.…This button allows me to select the Origin folder,…and that's the one containing the unorganized images,…and I have a folder called "Images" on my desktop…with multiple subfolders and images inside that.…So just select that Origin folder then the destination.…Where do I want these sorted images to go?…I don't have a suitable place,…so I'll create a New Folder here…and just call this "sortedimages."…With those set, I can click the Organize button.…
The program searches through all levels of the Origin folder…through any subdirectories contained inside this…and finds all of the images in those.…It checks each one.…If the image has a caption in its metadata,…so, for example, with this first one,…if I view the metadata, it's got a caption that says,…"Bride and Bridegroom."…What it will do is it'll take the first letter of that, B,…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.