Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution Overview, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- For this code clinic my solution will ignore one request…of the original problem because I was asked…to make an instrument control by and up to down,…left to right movement of the mouse.…But let's face it, we're in Swift,…we're using Apple gear,…and if we want to make a software instrument…controlled by us moving up and down,…and left to right, nothing is better suited…than using the touch screen of an Iphone or Ipad.…So that's what I did and here's my solution.…(music notes playing)…The user interface is very simple…because everything in this code clinic is about audio.…
The app is fixed in landscape mode.…We'll touch this other note,…move left to change the pitch lower,…right to change the pitch higher,…move up to get louder,…and down to get quieter.…Now this is not playing back a recording,…these tones are being completely generated.…They're synthesized within this application.…I'm also adding a little bit of reverb,…(music notes playing)…for that 50's Sci-Fi movie soundtrack vibe.…
Now I've been asked to base this instrument…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.