Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution Overview, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- In other Code Clinics, I often dive into the various…different frameworks we get to use in the Apple SDKs,…like Core Image, Cloudkit or Core Audio,…and I talk about using Mac and iOS user interfaces.…Well for this Code Clinic, I'm going the opposite way.…This is all about our own code.…I don't want any other frameworks,…I don't want a user interface, I want this to be…a pure algorithm discussion, because we have a classic,…old school computing problem here,…and it seems right that our solution reflects that.…So I've done this with a simple command line program,…written in Swift and using nothing except…the standard features of the Swift language.…
There's no other frameworks, there's no user interface,…the only output will come from print statements…to the console, so if I go ahead and run this,…in about a second after building,…I'm going to get my 92 different solutions.…I'll get these generated layouts here,…these are the 92 different chessboard layouts…just using text with Qs to represent…where a queen can be placed so that they can't…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.