Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Multiplication button, part of Programming for Non-Programmers: iOS 10 and Swift.
- [Instructor] Here's a solution to the challenge.…Let's start by connecting the multiplication button.…I'll go to Main.storyboard, and in there…we have a multiplication button right here,…then I'm going to option click ViewController.swift.…That'll make it show up in the assistant editor…on the right side of the screen.…To get a little bit more space,…I'm just going to hide the document…outline here and the debug area.…Now in my code, I want to scroll…until I find the section that has…the add and subtract buttons.…Of course, you don't need to put them…in the same section, I just like to do…this sort of thing to keep my code organized,…so I know that there's some sort of section…in the code that has all of my mode buttons in it,…so I'm going to right click and drag…from my multiplication button into my code,…right underneath didPressSubtract.…
In there, I want to make sure that I have UI button…for the type so I correctly drag for my button.…I'll change the connection to Action,…change the name to didPressMultiply.…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding methods
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface (UI)
- Building a complete iOS app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up Your Coding Environment
Create an Xcode project4m 19s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Methods
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
5. Plan and Prepare the App
6. Build a Full Application
Next steps3m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.