Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Methods, part of Programming for Non-Programmers with iOS 10 and Swift.
- [Narrator] Let's look at one possible solution…for this challenge.…We'll start in the storyboard and create the label and…the buttons.…So, I'll filter for a label in the object library,…and then click and drag one out.…Remember you're going to have to expand…the label a little bit by dragging the handle, so it can…accommodate all of the space of the word goodbye.…I'll just drag it out that far.…Now, actually, if you wanted to edit what's in the label…right now, you can just double-click the text, and change it…to whatever you want.…For example, no message yet.…
So, I'll click away, and then I'll filter for a button…in the object library.…So, we're going to clear the label filter out first by clicking…the x button right here, and then I'll filter for a button.…Just click and drag one out, and I want this button to say,…"Say hello." So I'll double-click the text of the button,…type out say hello, press return on my keyboard,…and then just realign the button.…So, I'm going to option, drag, to create…a copy of the button.…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding methods
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface (UI)
- Building a complete iOS app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up Your Coding Environment
Create an Xcode project4m 19s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Methods
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
5. Plan and Prepare the App
6. Build a Full Application
Next steps3m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.