Get an overview on how to register and set up your Heroku account.
- [Instructor] If you aren't already familiar with Heroku,…Heroku is a cloud provider that makes it easy…for you to deploy your web apps.…And Vapor has built in ways for you…to be able to deploy straight to them.…Now you can also deploy your vapor apps…using a docker container.…And that part is also pretty straightforward,…however in this course we're going to deploy straight to Heroku…so that we can see our project live on the web.…Signing up for Heroku is easy and it's free.…
You want to go to heroku.com and sign up for an account.…So here at the Heroku web page,…I'm simply going to press sign up…and it's going to bring me to my registration screen.…You can type in your first name, last name,…email address, and country,…and the primary development language…as those are all required fields.…Select I'm not a robot, and then hit the button…at the bottom that says create free account.…Once you have your credentials we're then going to be ready…to move on to the next lesson.…
And don't worry, all of the stuff that we're going to be doing…
- Reviewing the concept of server-side Swift
- Installing Vapor in a local environment
- Creating a new Vapor project
- Reviewing Vapor's built-in capabilities to interact with external services
- Registering and authenticating with the Dark Sky API
- Working with Leaf templates
- Setting up a Heroku account
- Using common troubleshooting techniques
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. Open-Source Swift and Vapor Background
2. Vapor's System Layer
3. Working with Vapor
4. View Templating
5. Deploying to Heroku
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.