Understand the minimum version requirements of macOS and Xcode for this course. This video also covers how to install or update Xcode to the latest version from the App Store.
- [Narrator] The minimum version of Xcode that…supports running Swift 3 code is Xcode 8.…So I'll be using Xcode 8 throughout this course.…If you already have Xcode installed, verify…that it's Xcode 8 or later by launching…Xcode and selecting Xcode, about Xcode from the menu.…If you see version 8 or later, you're all set…and can skip ahead to the next video.…Xcode 8 requires a Mac running Mac OS Sierra 10.12,…or OS 10 El Capitan 10.11.5 or later.…I am running Sierra and note that if you're not…running Sierra, you may notice some slight…differences, such as with emoji.…
To check your version of Mac OS,…select about this Mac from the menu.…Easiest way to install Xcode is from the Mac App Store.…To do so, select App Store from the menu…and preform a search for Xcode.…Xcode should be the top search result.…Click install or the get button…to download and install Xcode.…I have already installed Xcode which…is why the button says open.…Installation may take awhile depending on the…speed of your internet connection.…Once Xcode is installed, go ahead and launch it.…
Learn how to write code, understand Swift's key concepts and best practices, and strengthen your programming problem-solving skills. Instructor Scott Gardner teaches the fundamentals, so you'll be prepared to develop applications for iOS, macOS, and other platforms. Completing this course will enable you to not only write first-class code, but to think like a Swift developer.
- Creating playgrounds
- Defining variables and constants
- Working with characters and strings
- Working with collections and groups
- Using operators and defining custom operators
- Controlling program flow
- Defining functions and closures
- Working with classes, structures, and enumerations
- Adopting protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Variables and Constants
3. Characters and Strings
4. Collections and Tuples
6. Control Flow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.