The interface for the calculator is somewhat complex, using 15 buttons and a label. This video shows how to set up the 15 buttons in a way that is dynamic.
- [Instructor] So now let's design…the user interface of our application.…So what I'm actually going to do is start…with no constraints, and I have my label, and my button.…I want my label to be a little bit bigger,…so I'm just going to click and drag that up,…and then click and drag this handle down…a little bit, and that looks pretty good.…And then what I'm going to do is create 16 buttons.…That's a grid of four rows by four columns.…So I'll just option drag the button,…and it really doesn't have to be perfect.…If you follow the guides, it should be good enough.…
So these guides are kind of snapping…these buttons into place.…So there we go, and that's three rows,…and here's the fourth row.…Just again, dragging by holding the option key.…So there we go, we got our grid of buttons,…and we've got our label.…So with the label selected, and I've actually…just dragged out the handle so it's touching…all of these edges, I am going to hit the pin button…down here, and then I want to make sure constrain to margins…is unchecked, and then I want to add these new constraints.…
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding methods
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface (UI)
- Building a complete iOS app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up Your Coding Environment
Create an Xcode project4m 19s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Methods
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
5. Plan and Prepare the App
6. Build a Full Application
Next steps3m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.