Delegates in iOS 10 are objects that handle the events or other tasks of a different object. This tutorial shows how to set an object to be a delegate for a table view.
- [Voiceover] So now that we've talked about working…with data inside of Table View,…let's look at interactivity…in a Table View.…How do you control what happens…when you select a row…in a table?…Well, to do that you need to assign…the Table View a delegate object.…Much like assigning it a dataSource…that provides data,…assigning the Table View a delegate…enables you to handle those events…connected to the Table View.…So, to assign the delegate…we're going to head over to our storyboard,…select the Table View,…and right now I've selected the Navigation Controller,…so I want to scroll to the side…to find the Table View,…or you can always expand…your View Controller Scene,…expand the View Controller,…expand the View,…and select the Table…to find it in the document outline.…
So once you have your Table View selected,…open up the Utilities area,…and if you have the Attributes Inspector selected,…you should see that you have the Table View selected here.…So with that,…I'm going to head over…to the Connections Inspector,…just like we did when we set a dataSource,…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.