Explore the most critical part of making a playgrounds book: the book and chapter manifests in an existing book. Learn the mandatory keys for a book.
- [Instructor] In the iPad book we've made,…the title is wrong and the table of contents is wrong.…You'll set these and many more features in the manifest…p-list for the book, chapters and pages.…Let's start looking a little more deeply…at some of these properties.…Close the book on the iPad…and notice what's below the title.…In this case, it says Swift 3.0.…The playground is telling you this is an older version…of a playground book using Swift 3.0 and not…the current version.…
Go back to Xcode.…Navigate to the manifest.plist in the contents.…This is the book manifest.…There's a few things we can change here…to make the book look and perform better.…First, change the name to Huli Pizza Demo.…Right now, it says starter.…Change the content identifier to a unique identifier,…like other Xcode projects, use the reverse DNS format…so I'll make mine…com dot make app pie dot Huli Pizza Demo.…
You use your website or identity for this one.…The deployment target…is the version of iOS you're using for the book.…I'll update this to iOS 10.3.…
- Comparing iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Creating and testing Swift classes and code in iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Prototyping code
- Debugging and testing with Quick Look live views
- Using markup to interactively document code and create educational lessons
- Compiling code into playground books
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Notificationswith Steven Lipton1h 10m Intermediate
1. Introducing Playgrounds
2. Xcode Playgrounds
3. iPad Playgrounds
4. Markup and Playgrounds
5. Playground Books
Next steps1m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.