Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving the results, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- The final step is that after we created the new tables…we want to be able to take our changes…and save them back to disc.…Now I already have a path with the name that I want to use…for that new page, and I am going to create a new page…called Graphic Design-Updated.HTM…rather than change the original.…Although I certainly could have done that.…So first, down where we're attempting to save…what I'll do it just create a full URL.…A full path to save to.…Now next, what I'm needing to save here…is the final edited document in all it's entirety.…
Save back to desk as complete HTML.…And here's where I ran into a few problems…because it does seem a little easier…to get to the original unedited state of the document…rather than the version containing all my changes.…I think I tried about 15 ways that didn't work.…Imagine a toddler trying to hammer…a square peg into a round hole.…Because bear in mind, neither the WebView object,…nor the DOMdocument object has any built-in ways…to save their own contents.…That's really not what they're designed for.…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided <a href="https://github.com/lyndadotcom/LPO_weatherdata">here</a> for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.