Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving into a CloudKit container, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- Back in my view controller's saveDaysIntoCloudKit method,…I'll finish formatting each of these new CKRecords…by making use of the new mean and median features…that are baked into the array.…Right now the only field…that we're adding to our CKRecord is the date.…I'm gonna use this general format…to add the other information we need, too.…So weatherRecord.setObject,…we access the single day struct.…Inside it, it has arrays of doubles…for air temperature, barometric pressure…and I'll start with wind speed.…And because those are arrays of doubles,…if I hit the dot, we should find…the new ability to calculate mean and calculate median.…
I'll start with mean.…That would give us the value…of this particular day that we're looking at…within this iteration of the loop.…That needs to be followed by the name of this…within the CloudKit.…We follow it by the key…so I'll use the forKey format…and I'll just call this windspeedMean.…So that will be its name within our CloudKit Record.…That's the general format.…What I'll then do is add a little bit of code…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.