Join Ron Buencamino for an in-depth discussion in this video Retrieving products In your app, part of Implementing In-App Purchases in iOS with Swift.
- [Voiceover] Okay, let's start with retrieving…our product identifiers.…Now, as a reminder, we could either embed these…directly into our app, or we could retrieve them…from a server, and for this demo,…we're going to choose to add a plist file…to our bundle.…So, let's come up over here to our project,…and say Add Files to NoteTaker,…and what I want to do is come down here…to my Assets directory, and select…iap_product_ids.plist.…And what we can see this file is, if we take a quick glance…at it, is it's an XML document that denotes…that we have an array, and the contents of that array…are string values that show each of the products…that we created in iTunes.…
These are the product IDs that we set up.…We have com.NoteTaker.photonotes…and com.NoteTaker.cloudBackup.…So, I'm going to go ahead and import this…into my program, and if we look at it here in Xcode,…we see the same values over here.…Okay, now, remember, you have to have…set up your products in iTunes Connect…before we can actually implement this part.…Otherwise, you won't get any result…
First, learn what you can legitimately offer for sale in the App Store. Apple's guidelines restrict the sale of certain products, including real-world goods. Next, learn how to configure new products for sale with iTunes Connect and retrieve the product information in your app. Ron then shows how to request and process payments, and deliver the user's purchases to their iOS device. There are separate chapters for working with subscriptions and restoring purchased content when users have to reinstall the app—a smart strategy for keeping your app rating high.
- What you can and can't sell in the App Store
- Creating products in iTunes Connect
- Retrieving product information
- Requesting payments in your app
- Processing App Store transactions
- Delivering products to your app
- Working with subscriptions
- Restoring purchased content