Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Prototyping filter chains with Quartz Composer, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you ever want to experiment with Core Image Filters…and filter chains I strongly suggest…that before you do anything in Xcode…you first download the Apple application…called Quartz Composer.…This used to be bundled with Xcode.…It's still a free application, but you'll find it…as a separate download on the Apple Developer website.…What you'll be looking for are the Graphics Tools…for Xcode download, this is a .dmg…that once you have it includes several different applications…for working with graphical parts…of Mac and IOS including Quartz Composer.…
Now, you can use Quartz Composer…for bunch of different things,…including creating screensavers and simple motion graphics.…But, what I want is this.…It's called the Image Filter Template.…This is a way that you can quickly prototype…Core Image Filters and filter chains with no code,…simply by dragging and dropping.…So, this is the basic default template here.…It's got a couple of examples.…It's going to take a input image,…which is just a simple flower image here,…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.