- [Instructor] To save us some time, I created a single…U iOS project to begin with.…The project can be found on the desktop,…Exercise Files, Chapter 4, 4-2, start.…I'm going to copy the project to the desktop…so that we have a working copy of it.…Now, let's open the project.…Let's take a look at the storyboard file first.…
Our app has a basic user interface.…We've got a couple of labels and a text field.…I've also added auto layout constraints so…that our UI looks acceptable at runtime.…This text field is where we enter the city name.…The UI label below the text field will…display the weather information.…I've assigned a IBOutlet so that we can access it…in the ViewController.…Now, let's switch to the ViewController code.…
The input text field's delegate is our ViewController.…The text field will notify the ViewController…about editing events.…I created a UITextFieldDelegate extension to…keep the ViewController's code clean.…The textfieldshouldreturn delegate method…gets called when the user taps the Return key.…
- Comparing object-oriented programming with protocol-oriented programming
- Methods and class-bound protocols
- Adopting a protocol
- Declaring asynchronous behavior
- Preparing and implementing fallback logic
- Implementing an app using protocol-oriented programming
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Protocol-Oriented Programming
4. Implement the Weather App Using POP
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.