Join Ron Buencamino for an in-depth discussion in this video Present products in your storefront, part of Implementing In-App Purchases in iOS 10 with Swift 3.
- [Instructor] In our last lessons we worked…towards being able to request and receive…a list of available products from the app store.…So now what we want to do is present these…products to our user.…So let's start this lesson by first going…into store table view controller.…This is the table view controller…used to present our store.…The first thing I want to do is create…a helper function called priceStringForProduct.…In here we're going to accept an argument,…and that's going to be an SK product,…and we're going to return a string.…
So the purpose of this function is that…we're going to take the locale of the product…that we're being passed in and then with using…a number formatter we're going to return…a localized string of the product's price value.…So let me go ahead and put that code in…and then we can discuss what it…is that I've done afterwards.…So taking a look at this function,…the first thing that I'm doing is I'm creating…a number formatter object.…Then I'm setting its number style to be currency…and for the locale I'm setting the product's…
First, learn what you can legitimately offer for sale in the App Store. Apple's guidelines restrict the sale of certain products, including real-world goods. Next, learn how to configure new products for sale with iTunes Connect and retrieve the product information in your app. Ron then shows how to request and process payments, and deliver the user's purchases to their iOS device. Plus, learn about selling subscriptions and restoring purchased content—a smart strategy for keeping your app rating high.
- What you can and can't sell in the App Store
- Looking at StoreKit
- Creating products in iTunes Connect
- Presenting products in your storefront
- Requesting payments in your app
- Processing transactions
- Delivering products
- Persisting purchases and auto-renewed subscriptions
- Restoring purchased content