Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of the project, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- If you've watched any of my courses before,…you'll know I'm a big fan of creating things…from scratch, beginning with a new empty…project and adding everything piece by piece.…Now here that's just not practical…because I'm doing both the core image…filter chain, and there's also a whole set…of functionality for the user interface.…There'd be a little too much code.…Most of it's not difficult,…but there'd be a lot of checking…and comparing image sizes that keep…everything in proportion on the screen,…and that kind of thing is tedious…to watch somebody write.…So I am going to deconstruct this completed solution,…showing you each part.…
I won't explain every single element…of the syntax here, but I will show you…what each piece is doing…and what the code accomplishes,…and you can always download…the exercise files and take a look yourself.…So into this Mac project,…I'm using a storyboard.…I've added a split view controller…to divide the interface right down the middle.…Onto each side I've then added two…image view wells.…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.