Join Ron Buencamino for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of the in-app purchase process, part of Implementing In-App Purchases in iOS 10 with Swift 3.
- [Narrator] When working with in-app purchases,…first you'll need to determine…what products you want to offer…and then get those items setup in iTunes Connect.…Then you'll need to build the storefront in your app…and handle user interaction.…This is everything from displaying your products…to choosing an item,…unlocking that functionality…and even restoring purchases.…So when your user interacts with your store,…the StoreKit framework again handles all of the necessary…items of transaction and communication with the App Store.…
After it performs all of the functions that it needs,…it returns data back to your app…and ultimately to your user.…Then if necessary,…you can take the returned data…and sync it with your own server…so that you can track additional consumptions and metrics.…Now, a further drill down on the process,…the entire in-app purchase procedure…can be broken down into three stages.…First, we have to retrieve our product information.…So our app will make a product request to the App Store…which would then return the requested product information…
First, learn what you can legitimately offer for sale in the App Store. Apple's guidelines restrict the sale of certain products, including real-world goods. Next, learn how to configure new products for sale with iTunes Connect and retrieve the product information in your app. Ron then shows how to request and process payments, and deliver the user's purchases to their iOS device. Plus, learn about selling subscriptions and restoring purchased content—a smart strategy for keeping your app rating high.
- What you can and can't sell in the App Store
- Looking at StoreKit
- Creating products in iTunes Connect
- Presenting products in your storefront
- Requesting payments in your app
- Processing transactions
- Delivering products
- Persisting purchases and auto-renewed subscriptions
- Restoring purchased content