Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Operators in Swift, part of Learning Swift 3 for Developers.
- [Voiceover] We want a New Playground file for…each chapter. So I'm going to close Chapter One.…While I'm still in Xcode I'm going to go to the…Navigator, File, New, and Playground.…I'm going to name this Ch2_BackToBasics and hit Next.…Make sure our Swift3ForDevelopers file…is the Save destination and hit Create.…Once the Playground is open, delete the…comment and default string, and Save.…
I'm going to add a comment at the top of the file.…Just so we know where we are in the course.…This is going to be Chapter 2…Back to Basics: Variables & Operators.…Don't forget to close out the comment with a */.…I'm going to add one more comment here for our video title.…This is Operators in Swift. Now, down to business.…There are quite a few operator groups,…many of which you may already be familiar with.…
Stay with us for this video, even if you are, because…there are a few Swift specific ones we'll go over later.…We're going to write all the Operators out as Strings.…So you can refer back to this as a, sort of,…cheat sheet throughout the course.…
- Starting a new playground
- Printing to the console
- Declaring variables
- Working with numbers
- Using strings
- Breaking down optionals
- Understanding closures
- Classes vs. structs
- Extensions and protocols
Skill Level Beginner
1. Hello Swift
2. Back to Basics: Variables and Operators
3. Collections, Tuples, and Enumerations
4. Working with Logic Flows
5. Only in Swift: Optionals
6. Functions, Closures, and Associated Types
7. Classes vs. Structs
8. Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.