Join Bear Cahill for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning Higher-Order Functions with Swift.
- [Bear] Well I hope higher-order functions…are your new best friend.…I hope you really like 'em, I know they like you.…They're efficient, concise, focused…and communicate a lot in a little bit of code.…I'd recommend you continue practicing with them.…Soon you'll come to think of them earlier…and earlier in the process.…You'll say oh, I can use a higher-order function here.…And feel free to let me know what you're working on.…And please keep in touch, I'd love to hear from you.…You can contact me at brainwashinc.com,…@brainofbear and on LinkedIn, thanks.…
- What are closures?
- Closures and function types
- Basic higher-order functions, including sort and forEach
- Powerful higher-order functions, including map and reduce
- Passing functions
- Closure optimizations
- Higher-order functions on sets, dictionaries, and strings
Skill Level Advanced
Swift 4: Protocol-Oriented Programmingwith Károly Nyisztor1h 44m Intermediate
Swift: Writing Reusable Frameworkswith David Okun1h 49m Intermediate
1. Closures and Functions
2. Basic Higher-Order Functions
3. Powerful Higher-Order Functions
4. Using Higher Order Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.