Join Scott Gardner for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Swift 3 Essential Training: Beyond the Basics.
- [Instructor] Congratulations.…By completing this course,…you've explored the full capabilities of Swift…and you're now ready to put those skills to work.…Swift can be used to develop apps from mobile devices,…the desktop, watches, TVs, and even in the cloud.…Which path will you take?…We offer several learning tracks,…including iOS app development,…Mac development,…developing apps for Apple Watch,…and even taking your iOS app to the big screen.…
If you're interested in writing server side Swift,…you'll be excited to know that…Apple recently formed the Server APIs Work Group…to spearhead the server APIs project.…And there are number of web frameworks for you to explore,…including perfect and Vapor.…There are so many places you can go with Swift…and I can't wait to see what you create.…Connect with me on LinkedIn and let me know.…Thanks for joining me.…I hope you find this course helpful and interesting.…And best of luck to you.…
- Adding source files, resources, links, and literals
- Adding pages to a playground
- Using overflow operators and bitwise operators
- Using ranges with strings
- Creating complex sequences
- Chaining higher-order functions
- Defining lazy properties
- Using failable initializers
- Mutating methods
- Working with singletons
- Nesting function types
- Creating error types and recursive enumerations
- Extending concrete types
- Referencing selectors and key paths
- Working with protocol-oriented programming
- Defining class-only protocols and optional protocols
- Using option sets, type checking, and casting operators
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
Distributing Your iOS App for Testing with TestFlightwith Ron Buencamino35m 10s Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
3. Strings and Characters
4. Sequences and Collections
5. Control Flow
6. Value and Reference Types
9. Access Control
Understand access control3m 47s
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.