Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKit.
- [Instructor] Well, that's it for this course,…but there is a lot more to learn…about game development with SpriteKit…and other technologies that Apple has to offer.…So, I have three resources to share with you…if you want to go further in making SpriteKit games.…The first one is the course…Programming IOS9 and GamePlayKit.…GamePlayKit is a tool where you can add…all kinds of extra features to your games,…including randomization, path finding,…logic, and other features.…
This course is excellent, and I've watched it,…and I can say it is a great tool…if you're getting into game development with SpriteKit.…Next we have the SpriteKit documentation.…This is kind of a given.…Apple's straight from the source…explanation of how SpriteKit works.…In here you're going to find more details…that we weren't able to cover in depth in this course.…So, if you want to get it straight from the horses mouth,…this is an excellent place to go.…Finally, I want to refer you to…the WWDC video What's New in SpritKit.…
This is another excellent resource.…
- Creating a SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Creating sprites in code
- Transitioning between scenes
- Working with children and parents
- Adding physics
- Detecting and responding to collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions
- Working with sound
- Adding cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.