Join Mike Wong for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of iOS App Development: Essential Courses.
- You already have the most important ingredients necessary to build your first iOS app; desire and curiosity. Now that I've laid out a clear path to get started in iOS development, you have the missing pieces that'll help you get from desire to reality and nothing can stand in your way. Make a commitment to yourself that you'll build an app. Circle a date on the calendar a few months from now and set aside 30 minutes each evening to learn something new. And then stick with it. It's ok if you get stuck and want to pull your hair out. That's normal. Just don't stop.
Stick with it, and you can do it. Bookmark the course play list, set aside a few minutes each night, and work your way through each course. Before you know it, you'll be developing your first iOS app.
With over 15 years of experience in the software industry, Mike Wong reviews the tools, language choices, and high-level concepts behind iOS app development. Dive in and learn about storage requirements, interface design, and the tricks to promoting iOS apps in a crowded marketplace. In each video, Mike will point you to training videos, articles, and forums for learning more.
When you're done with this overview, make sure to subscribe to our curated playlist, Develop Apps for iPads and iPhones, which includes a selection of our most relevant iOS app development training.
- Acquiring the right tools for iOS app development
- Coding in Swift and Objective-C
- Working with Xcode
- Understanding app storage and project management
- Designing your app
- Promoting and marketing iOS apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/21/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: courses for learning Swift.