Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- Our three part solution is in place and it's working.…And for this code clinic, I'm gonna stop here.…There is of course a lot more we could do.…We could do further with the user interface.…Perhaps add an activity indictor…to show when data is being fetched.…Or make it locale specific,…show this temperature and celsius,…or convert the pressure to isobars…if that's what the user prefers.…More important would be features like…coping with no internet connection.…Would we show a message?…Would be blank out the labels?…And better error handling.…There's not a lot of error checking right now.…So what would we do if Cloud Kit returned…an error from our query.…
What happens if the day they ask for doesn't have data?…There are a few missing days in the historical data…when the weather station was undergoing maintenance…and not recording.…And right now, if a user selected one of those days,…nothing would happen.…There'd be no error but there'd be an empty results array…returned from Cloud Kit so the display would not update.…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.