Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Comparing Swift and Objective-C.
- Thanks for joining me…for this Comparing Swift and Objective-C course.…Hope you found this useful for understanding more…about how these languages compare and interact.…There is one other resource for doing this…that I want to point you to if you don't have it already…which is Apple's own…Using Swift with Cocoa and Objective-C document,…which you can get either from Apple's developer site…or you can download a copy from the iBooks store.…And this is the single most authoritative document…you will see on how these languages interact.…There's a few things in here that it covers…that I don't really get into in this course,…particularly about interacting with the standard C APIs.…
But beyond that, take a look at our other…iOS and Cocoa courses here at Lynda.com,…and let us know if there's anything you'd like to see.…Thanks for joining me. See you next time.…
Need a refresher on either language? Check out Swift Essential Training and Objective-C Essential Training.
- Exploring the interoperability of Swift and Objective-C
- Comparing language syntax
- Understanding how each language uses objects and methods
- Bridging arrays, dictionaries, and numbers
- Dealing with nil return types from Objective-C methods
- Working with NSError in Swift
- Working with Swift and Objective-C strings
- Adding Swift to an existing Objective-C project
- Inheriting between languages