Learn how to import a playground from Xcode in iCloud or another cloud drive such as Google Drive. Use code from the sources folder. Explore how modification in Xcode and iPad playgrounds affect each other.
- [Instructor] You've seen your Playgrounds…in both the iPad and Xcode.…Where you make a change is important.…Let's next look at changing code in Xcode…and how it effects the iPad Playground.…You can store your files in many places.…The easiest to use is iCloud.…The iPad, if enabled for iCloud,…automatically stores the files…in the Playgrounds folder.…If you store your Xcode files here,…then they are available to your iPad.…In Xcode, click on the contents.swift…for the open canvas Playground page.…
Make the circle yellow…by adding to the code in Xcode.…Circle….color…= yellow.…Save the file with a Command S…and close that Xcode window.…Go to your iPad Playground.…Close the current version.…You may find a red arrow on the corner…of the shapes file…telling you that this file's updating…from the new iCloud file.…
Sometimes it'll be so fast…it updated when you won't be looking.…Now open the Playground again.…Go back to Canvas.…On the page,…you'll find the extra yellow code.…It may not be where you expect…since the editing changes will interfere.…
- Comparing iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Creating and testing Swift classes and code in iPad and Xcode playgrounds
- Prototyping code
- Debugging and testing with Quick Look live views
- Using markup to interactively document code and create educational lessons
- Compiling code into playground books
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Notificationswith Steven Lipton1h 10m Intermediate
1. Introducing Playgrounds
2. Xcode Playgrounds
3. iPad Playgrounds
4. Markup and Playgrounds
5. Playground Books
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.