Particles can be loaded through code using particle files. This tutorial shows how to create a particle file and load it through code.
- [Instructor] Let's say, in our game,…whenever a player hits an enemy with a laser…that the enemy actually explodes…and shows a particle system when it explodes.…So you're going to need to spawn a particle system…every time an enemy is hit.…Now when we're going it in that way,…it makes more sense to create the particle system…inside of a file.…So what I'm going to do is select GameScene.sks…and press command N on my keyboard to create a new file.…And then in the Resource section under iOS,…I'm going to choose SpriteKit Particle File and hit next.…
For the particle template I'm going to choose Spark.…Know that there are other templates for particles,…so if you want to make fire or magic or something else,…you have a good starting point there.…So let's start with the Spark and hit next.…And I'm going to call this Explosion…and then save it in the default location.…And there's our explosion file.…So we have all of these sparks shooting now.…So what I'm going to do is change the texture…from spark to particle.…And then we see those little squares shooting out.…
- Creating a SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Creating sprites in code
- Transitioning between scenes
- Working with children and parents
- Adding physics
- Detecting and responding to collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions
- Working with sound
- Adding cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.