- Reviewing the concept of server-side Swift
- Installing Vapor in a local environment
- Creating a new Vapor project
- Reviewing Vapor's built-in capabilities to interact with external services
- Registering and authenticating with the Dark Sky API
- Working with Leaf templates
- Setting up a Heroku account
- Using common troubleshooting techniques
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Narrator] Wouldn't it be convenient to use one programming language to work across either your iOS or Mac OS app and the web service that it relies heavily on? Hi, I'm Ron Buencamino and in this course we're going to talk about using Swift on the Server with Vapor, a popular open source Swift framework that powers many web services today. We'll get an understanding of how Server-Side Swift came about and many of the benefits the open source package brings to developers.
We'll also get introduced to the Vapor framework and see how we can use it to power our apps. Along the way we'll go over Vapor fundamentals, integrate the framework with the foundation framework that we're all familiar with, and even deploy out to an external cloud service to host our final project. There's a good amount of stuff to go through so so let's get started.