- What are closures?
- Closures and function types
- Basic higher-order functions, including sort and forEach
- Powerful higher-order functions, including map and reduce
- Passing functions
- Closure optimizations
- Higher-order functions on sets, dictionaries, and strings
Skill Level Advanced
- [Bear] Do you want a black belt in Swift? Well, higher-order functions are your kung fu and I am your sensei. We're going to look at what makes Swift unique and powerful. Higher-order functions, gone are the dark days of Objective-C. If you've been confused by map, filter, CompactMap, and reduce, whoa, that's a tricky one there, right? No more. We'll chop the boards and bricks and become the ninjas of Swift. We'll see closures in a new light and pass them around like old library books.
I'm Bear Cahill, Head Binary Sequencer at Brainwash Inc. And I can't wait to give you your black belt in higher-order functions.
Swift 4: Protocol-Oriented Programmingwith Károly Nyisztor1h 44m Intermediate
Swift: Writing Reusable Frameworkswith David Okun1h 49m Intermediate
1. Closures and Functions
2. Basic Higher-Order Functions
3. Powerful Higher-Order Functions
4. Using Higher Order Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.