When you're developing a cross-platform application, you may have some questions regarding which approach to take. This video examines the different options when building a cross-platform app.
- [Narrator] When you're developing…a cross-platform application,…there are some issues that you need to consider.…First off, let's talk about some goals that we have…when we're creating cross-platform apps.…We want the same app to be on multiple operating systems…with the same experience, the same artwork, et cetera.…We want to receive the best performance on each platform.…And we want the broadest access to device features.…We also want direct support from the vendor.…
You also have cross-platform game development tools,…like Unity, Unreal Engine, and GameSalad, among many others.…With these, you can use languages…
In this course, join Todd Perkins as he takes you through how to create cross-platform apps using Swift. This course is one of three related courses designed to help you discover the similarities and differences that exist between the platforms used by three main devices: an Android phone, an iPhone, and a Windows phone. These courses use the same assets to create the same note-taking app so that you can identify and experience the complementary and contrasting development steps.
- Downloading Xcode
- Configuring preferences in Xcode
- Building the app interface
- Connecting interface elements to code
- Writing app logic
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Androidwith David Gassner2h 38m Intermediate
Converting iOS 9 Apps into Apple TV Appswith Yohann Taieb2h 2m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
A demo of the finished app1m 19s
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Get Started
4. Create the Table and a Data Source
5. Edit and Save Data
6. Work with Multiple View Controllers
Next steps2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.