Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing CloudKit, part of Code Clinic: Swift.
- If this course was called CloudKit Essential Training,…I would be spending a lot of time…covering all the basic concepts…and exploring all the different features.…I am not doing that here.…This is Code Clinic, a very different kind of course,…so I'm going to give the quickest introduction…I possibly can on this small part of CloudKit…we're going to use to fix our specific problem.…If you want to go deeper, you'll know where to look.…CloudKit is a recent framework and capability.…It was only announced at the WWDC conference in June 2014.…It's a way we can use Apple's enormous iCloud server farms…to store our application's data,…and it works for both iOS and Mac applications.…
We can create what are called containers in CloudKit.…A container is how we as developers create…these named sections of Apple's iCloud infrastructure…we can treat as our own.…These containers are automatically…segregated and kept apart.…Other developers don't have access…to our CloudKit containers,…and we don't have access to theirs…unless we become part of the same developer team…
Simon introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in Swift. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4 - Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.